Substance Abuse Counselor-Part Time
Northstar Psychological Services is dedicated to the superior treatment of individuals and families within the Metro-Atlanta Community. We are looking for a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team. The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for assessing, and providing confidential drug addiction treatment plans, education and support to clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Maintain a detailed understanding and knowledge of DBHDD requirements for the Outpatient Substance Abuse program and collaborate with the Director of Clinical Operations in the program design to comply with these requirements.
- Develop a time limited multi-faceted approach treatment service for adults and adolescents who require structure and support to achieve and sustain recovery from substance related disorders.
- Provide a minimum of 7-hours of Group services that are available during the day and evening hours to enable individuals to maintain residence in their community, continue to work or go to school and to be part of their family life.
- Champion the develo9pment of programmatic goals of the service that must be clearly articulated by the provider, utilizing the best/evidenced based practices for the service delivery and support that are based on the population(s) and issues to be addressed.
- Lead and collaborate with PAS in the assessment of referrals to determine comorbidity and recommend ASAM Level 2 or 3.1.
- Develop interventions designed to provide individualized assistance in the development/acquisition of needed skills and resources necessary to achieve sobriety and/or reduction in abuse and maintenance of recovery.
- Ensure the Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program offers a range of skill-building and recovery activities within the program.
- Assist with developing policies and procedures for Drug Abuse Treatment and Education (DATEP) license.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related behavioral health sciences. Must be fully licensed (LPS, LMFT, LCSW) and have a CAC credential or equivalent. 1 year of defined knowledge-base as gained by working in residential placement, community intervention, case management, or social work.
This job posting does not intend to be inclusive of all responsibilities and duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.