Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Northstar Psychological Services is dedicated to the superior treatment of individuals and families within the Metro-Atlanta Community. We have been providing counseling services to children, adolescents and adults for over 15 years. We are looking for a Psychiatrist to join our Clinical team!
We offer comprehensive benefits to all F/T employees.
Plans and coordinates all psychiatric aspects of patient care in a behavioral health environment. Adheres to policy and guidelines of Northstar Psychological Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides, completes and documents thorough psychiatric evaluations per regulatory guidelines.
· Prescribes medications and monitors client’s biological and psychological response. When appropriate, meets with client’s significant other(s), providing education about prescribed medications. Monitors patient medication.
· Ensure compliance with Department of Behavioral Health and Development Disabilities (DBHDD), Commission and Accreditation of Rehabilitation facilities (CARF), and other regulatory agencies.
· Coordinate with medical providers to promulgate comprehensive physical and mental health of patients
· Ensure billable hour requirements are met.
· Work towards developing integrative care as it pertains to medical/psychiatric services.
· Works with multi-disciplinary team to ensure proper diagnosis and therapeutic treatment planning.
· Represents the agency in a cooperative, positive manner, identifying and reporting any concerns regarding improvement of the service delivery system and ensuring continuity of care for consumers through external collaboration. Acts as liaison person with local medical agencies to ensure continuity of care.
· Supervises other medical staff, e.g., RN or NP.
· Submits psychiatric/medical information internally and externally in a timely fashion.
· Reviews and signs initial and annual psycho-social assessments, and treatment plans, providing consultation to direct care staff on diagnostic formulation.
· Provides crisis intervention and evaluation when needed. Occasional on-call support may be necessary, but this is rare.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licensure and Experience:
Medical degree in psychiatry, board certified, licensed by the State of Georgia to practice medicine, 5-8 years of experience.