Northstar Psychological Services is dedicated to the superior treatment of individuals and families within the Atlanta Community (Cobb,Fulton). Our licensed and skilled clinicians specialize in psychological evaluation and testing, counseling and treatment, and group services for children, adolescents and adults.
- Conducts a thorough biopsychosocial assessment on each client assigned.
- Develops a comprehensive Person-Centered Treatment Plan geared toward children/family needs, i.e., trauma focused treatment, behavior modification, emotional dysregulation, familial relationships/conflict, attachment, parenting education, communication skills, behavior management training, etc.
- Documents data, assessments and recommendations from sessions at home, school; collateral contacts made with family, teachers, tutors, counselors, social workers, etc.
- Consults with partner organization(s) to ensure continuity of care
- Must be able to provide face to face process oriented and skill building psychotherapy sessions to individuals and families.
- Make arrangements and monitors community services as needed.
- Assist client families in contacting community resources such as SSI and Medicaid re-certification; referrals for behavioral and physical health services, etc.
- Reviews cases and documents progress and/or barriers of clients in treatment. Proactively take steps to ensure assigned clients EMR is accurate and update through self-auditing.