Northstar Psychological Services is dedicated to the superior treatment of individuals and families within the Metro-Atlanta Community (Cobb, Fulton, Cherokee, Forsythe, and Dekalb). Our licensed and skilled clinicians specialize in psychological evaluation and testing, counseling and treatment, and group services for children, adolescents and adults.
- Conducts a thorough biopsychosocial assessment on each client assigned.
- Develops a comprehensive Person-Centered Treatment Plan geared toward children/family needs, i.e., trauma focused treatment, behavior modification, emotional dysregulation, familial relationships/conflict, attachment, parenting education, communication skills, behavior management training, etc.
- Documents data, assessments and recommendations from sessions at home, school; collateral contacts made with family, teachers, tutors, counselors, social workers, etc.
- Consults with partner organization(s) to ensure continuity of care
- Must be able to provide face to face process oriented and skill building psychotherapy sessions to individuals and families.
- Make arrangements and monitors community services as needed.
- Assist client families in contacting community resources such as SSI and Medicaid re-certification; referrals for behavioral and physical health services, etc.
- Reviews cases and documents progress and/or barriers of clients in treatment. Proactively take steps to ensure assigned clients EMR is accurate and update through self-auditing.