Community Clinician -- Cobb County
Northstar Psychological Services (NPS) is a community based CORE service provider. We are seeking to hire Masters Level Community Clinicians, both provisional and fully licensed individuals.
Currently we have opportunities in the following areas: S. Cobb/Mabelton, Smyrna/Marietta, Douglasville, and Lithia Springs.
Our Partners: Cobb County Schools, Atlanta Public Schools and Marietta City Schools
- Conducts a thorough assessment and evaluation
- Develops a comprehensive Person-Centered Plan geared toward children/family needs, i.e., parenting education, child development training, communication skills, behavior management training, etc
- Documents findings and assessments during visits at home, school; collateral contacts made with family, teachers, tutors, counselors, social workers, etc
- Consults with partner organization(s) to ensure continuity of care
- Must be able to provide counseling sessions individually or with family or group sessions
- Makes arrangements and monitors community services needed. Acts as an advocate for clients
- Assist client’s families in contacting community resources such as SSI, WIC enrollment, referral for behavioral and physical health services, etc
- Reviews cases regularly and documents progress and/or problems of clients in treatment
- Continuously seeks ways to improve via professional development, both internal and external
- Meets or exceeds deadlines for needed documentation
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related behavioral health sciences from an accredited school. Current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
2-3 years of defined clinical knowledge-base as gained by working in community mental health, case management, or social work. Must have a basic to intermediate understanding of CPT codes, authorizations, and OTRs.