Northstar Psychological Services is dedicated to the superior treatment of individuals and families within the Metro-Atlanta Community. Our licensed and skilled clinicians specialize in psychological evaluation and testing, counseling and treatment, and group services for children, adolescents and adults.
We are looking for Masters Level Community Clinicians to join our Community Based Services Team!
The Community Clinician will provide most of the services within the client’s home, school and community. Clinicians typically will carry a caseload of approximately 12- 17 cases. This caseload may fluctuate at times depending upon caseload dynamics and service intensity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Conducts a thorough biopsychosocial assessment on each client assigned.
- Develops a comprehensive Person-Centered Plan geared toward children/family needs, i.e., parenting education, child development training, communication skills, behavior management training, etc.
- Documents findings and observations during visits at home, school; collateral contacts made with family, teachers, tutors, counselors, social workers, etc.
- Consults with partner organization(s) to ensure continuity of care
- Must be able to provide face to face sessions individually and family unhindered.
- Make arrangements and monitors community services as needed.
- Assist client families in contacting community resources such as SSI and Medicaid re-certification; referrals for behavioral and physical health services, etc.
- Reviews cases and documents progress and/or problems of clients in treatment. Proactively take steps to ensure assigned clients EMR is accurate and update through self-auditing.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING:
We offer on the job training as long as you have a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related behavioral health sciences.
Current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
1-3 years of defined knowledge-base as gained by internships, working in residential placement, community intervention, case management, or social work.
The following trainings are a plus! CPI; CPR, Telemental Health, and CANS/ANSA
We offer comprehensive benefits to all F/T employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information