The ABA Therapist will work directly with 1:1 students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The ABA Therapist will utilize Applied Behavior Analysis techniques such as discrete trial training, error less learning and task analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct individual therapy with clients
• Family Communications
• Use CALM techniques and movements as trained
• Assist in Data Collection
• Participate in meetings (may be scheduled outside of business hours)
• Coordination and communication with the client’s treatment team members
• Participate in trainings
• Must be able to bear/lift up to 60 pounds
• Must be able to run short distances in a bolting situation
• Must be able to walk to local field trips and around the center
• Must be able to bend down at the waist for performance of scoops and other CALM movements.
a) Lifting: Up to 60 lbs.
b) Stooping/bending: Frequent
c) Walking/Running Crawling/climbing/kneeling: Frequent
d) Reaching/pulling/pushing: Frequent
High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years of relevant work experience in related field preferred; valid satisfactory CORI check and CPR and First Aid Certification. Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.