Experience, Skills and Knowledge
JOB SUMMARY: Carry out behavior intervention & curriculum programs for clients with autism spectrum disorder and other disabilities. Part time hours within the afternoon session. The hours are Monday-Friday 2:30-5:30pm, but are flexible (i.e. doesn't have to be all 5 days or all three hours each day).
- Work 1:1 with clients; run social skill groups, work in Life Skills program ages 3-22 in-center, school, and/or home.
- Work in Futures Summer Program.
- Write and graph data and ensure timely completion
- Ensure behavioral strategies are implemented consistently and accurately under the direction of a behavior specialist.
- Use the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to help clients socially and behaviorally.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of treatment programs and communicate with clients’ team.
- Attend team meetings as necessary and requested.
- Assist in the development of client books and maintaining materials.
- Participate in presenting client progress.
- Communicate regularly with directors and supervisors.
- Ensure all required paperwork is neat and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide transportation for clients as needed.
- Other duties as required.
a) Lifting: Up to 60 lbs.
b) Stooping/bending: Frequent
c) Walking/Running Crawling/climbing/kneeling: Frequent
d) Reaching/pulling/pushing: Frequent
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years of relevant work experience in related field preferred; valid satisfactory CORI check and CPR and First Aid Certification. Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.