Experience, Skills and Knowledge
JOB SUMMARY: Work with children ages 1.5 - to 22 years old that have developmental and social deficits in the area of gross and fine motor development. Responsible for ensuring that all clients on caseload have overall effective treatment programming & supervision and will implement OT curriculum based upon Applied Behavior Analysis including discrete trial training, task analyses, and other research based curriculum modification.
- · Provide individual occupational therapy with clients.
- · Conduct new client OT and gross motor assessments and develop insurance required treatment plans.
- · Develop individual therapy curriculum for clients.
- · Supervise, implement, and write Gross Motor curriculum.
- · Supervise, implement, and write Self-care curriculum with BCBAs.
- · Write, graph, and update client progress reports.
- · Evaluate progress based on data and direct observation.
- · Family communication and treatment planning.
- · Attend team meetings as necessary and requested and effectively solve parental concerns.
- · Act as an active training member for ABA Therapists, including on-site staff training, orientation training, clinical and staff meetings.
- · Coordinate and communicate with the client's outpatient treatment team members.
- · Ensure effective communication and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and parents.
- · Ensure all clients are safe by implementing de-escalation strategies.
- · Supervise and manage programs and behavior plans as needed.
- · Participate in overall operational efficiency and safety of staff and clients.
- · Other duties as required.