Experience, Skills and Knowledge
JOB SUMMARY: Work with children ages 1.5 - to 22 years old that have developmental and social deficits in the area of gross and fine motor development. Responsible for ensuring that all clients on caseload have overall effective treatment programming & supervision and will implement OT curriculum based upon Applied Behavior Analysis including discrete trial training, task analyses, and other research based curriculum modification.
· Provide individual occupational therapy with clients.
· Conduct new client OT and gross motor assessments and develop insurance required treatment plans.
· Develop individual therapy curriculum for clients.
· Supervise, implement, and write Gross Motor curriculum.
· Supervise, implement, and write Self-care curriculum with BCBAs.
· Write, graph, and update client progress reports.
· Evaluate progress based on data and direct observation.
· Family communication and treatment planning.
· Attend team meetings as necessary and requested and effectively solve parental concerns.
· Act as an active training member for ABA Therapists, including on-site staff training, orientation training, clinical and staff meetings.
· Coordinate and communicate with the client's outpatient treatment team members.
· Ensure effective communication and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and parents.
· Ensure all clients are safe by implementing de-escalation strategies.
· Supervise and manage programs and behavior plans as needed.
· Participate in overall operational efficiency and safety of staff and clients.
· Other duties as required.