Experience, Skills and Knowledge
Futures Behavior Therapy Center provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to children who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other related disorders. ABA therapy early in life can increase the ability of the child to obtain language and expand their ability to learn. It can also reduce the future costs of special education and help families relieve stress. High structured environments can improve a child’s social, academic and self-help skills.
We are looking for a Lead Speech Language Pathologist to work in our center. This role provides support, training and professional development for the Speech Language Pathologist Department within Futures Behavior Therapy Center. This is a leadership role focused on contributing to the clinical success of the Center through the effective integration of evidenced-based behavior analytic practice and Speech Language Pathology principles. The primary responsibilities of this role are the design, development and assessment of positive SLP practices with a focus on behavior support strategies, SLP support and team development, and staff and parent skill development.
Position details: Full-time position; 40 hours a week - Hours of the center: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm. Hours will vary during the open hours of the center based on the client's needs.
Job responsibilities of the Speech Language Pathologist:
- Scheduling and Facilitation of SLP team meetings/trainings to provide peer review,
- training and support.
- Conduct research and stay aware of new field-based best practices and communicate
- the information to the SLP’s and staff team through monthly reviews.
- Provide one on one support and consultation to co-SLP’s, Clinical team as a whole and
- 1:1 staff regarding pertinent Speech principles.
- Development and oversight of systems to increase the effectiveness and positive impact
- of the SLP Department.
- Communication with other Clinical professionals within the Center to ensure strong
- Orientation and ongoing Staff training and development specific to Speech principles
- (speech, language, PECS and communication devices).
- Parent training and development specific to Speech programming.
- Streamline, organize, and manage speech documentation
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Five+ years of experience in applied settings with leadership experience.